Annamaria’s Fun Facts
- I’m passionate about: the eradication of harmful substances in our food supply and environment.
- I unconsciously seek out: the beauty in imperfection, and think that is perfect.
- I feel most alive when: I can deeply connect with others and dance
- My greatest gift: my hands, my healing touch and my intuition
- Secret superhuman power: Clairsentience: I will be feeling it in my body before you tell me it exists.
- Favourite flowers: Roses, lavender, Elderflowers, Jacaranda
- Favourite herb: Ashwagandha, Withania somnifera … after being told very passionately by an Ayurvedic practitioner “you are, Ashwagandha!”
Annamaria is a caring and empathic naturopath and award winning holistic beauty therapist. She is also an experienced certified yoga teacher and busy mamma who can often be seen racing after her vibrant daughter Ayla on her scooter.
With over 20 years of experience working with skin, Annamaria is deeply passionate about our body’s largest organ and all of its conditions. Her aim with each client is to identify and treat the root causes of the body’s imbalances. She is tenacious in discovering what ails the body and leaves no stone unturned.
Annamaria’s three qualifications and experience as a naturopath, beauty therapist, and yoga teacher give her a depth of knowledge and understanding about the interconnected human body, its function and structure, ailments and conditions. Annamaria adopts a holistic approach to the body with a focus on using evidence based medicine, and the healing power of nature to soothe and restore the body’s natural rhythms.
She gently encourages each client to revitalise the vital force of the body with the use of a nutrient rich diet, breath, movement, and topical care. She sees each client holistically from the outside in, primarily using the diagnosis of the skin to help guide her in uncovering the root cause of the body’s dis-ease.
When not studying or applying naturopathic methods, teaching yoga, or working on concocting a new skin-loving lotion, you will find Annamaria in her herb and vegetable garden, crafting smudge sticks, creating art, reading a juicy novel, chasing her backyard chickens and beloved cat Miyagi, or travelling the world.
With a deep love of India, Annamaria has worked as a manager of art and cultural tours led by her husband Julian to Tamil Nadu, Central India, and Sri Lanka.
Annamaria is passionate about using the healing power of nature to support woman, children, and families to reach their full potential, and to be the most confident, radiant, and healthy versions of themselves through all of life’s phases.