- Five Herbs for Stressed and Busy Mums - March 31, 2020
- COVID-19 Research and how to support your immunity during these sensitive times - March 18, 2020
- Worried about the Coronavirus? Top up on these Immune Boosting foods - March 11, 2020
This delicious recipe is a regular staple in our household as it freezes well and makes a perfect quick lunch or light dinner.
Food as Medicine
Here’s why the ingredients are perfect for immune boosting goodness:
Chicken – perfect protein to support your production of disease fighting immune molecules
Onion – helps to break down mucous
Garlic – a natural antibiotic
Ginger – stimulates circulation enabling more efficient clearing of toxins
Chilli – high in vitamin C
Enoki mushrooms – have properties that are anti cancer so can help fight any nasty bugs
Risoni – a great carbohydrate source for energy
Lemon – uplifts mood
Parsley – high in iron which stimulates immunity
Goji berries – traditionally used in China in convalescence, specifically in broths
- Chicken thighs 600gr
- Chicken stock 1 litre (I always have some pre made in the freezer)
- 1 brown onion – sliced finely
- 6 cloves garlic – sliced finely
- 1 inch fresh ginger – sliced finely
- 1 -2 chilli – sliced finely, ensure you add the seeds for their heat
- 200grams enoki mushrooms
- 80 grams quinoa
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1tablespoon Goji berries
- Sauté onions, garlic, chilli, ginger until soft.
- Add chicken thighs and brown them.
- Pour in your stock and simmer.
- Once chicken is cooked take it out and shred with a fork.
- Add chicken back in with quinoa, Goji berries and Enoki mushrooms.
- To serve, place lemon zest on the bottom of your bowl.
- Add soup and top off with lemon juice and parsley.