I am passionate about helping women get their Mojo back and supporting kids to thrive and grow into strong adults.
Latest posts by Emma Sutherland (see all)
- Get the scoop on Natural Sunscreens - November 15, 2019
- Maximising and Maintaining the Health of Your Gut Bacteria - September 25, 2019
- Introducing the Omega 3 Index Score – What’s Yours? - August 19, 2019
With summer fast approaching it’s time to rejoice and harness the energy of the sun.
Healthy summer snacks are key to keeping your child well nourished during
With a little bit of planning, you can keep your child on track for a healthy summer with some healthy and tasty snacks to nibble on! A great way to get them onboard with the selections is to involve them in the planning.
Food has to be fun and tasty. Give them options. When they decide, it gives them a feeling of control and they are less likely to refuse
It is important that the snack foods you provide are healthy, low in sugar,
Here are a few fast and easy ideas to get you started:
- Smoothies – these are perfect for the hot days ahead. Simply blend
yoghurt, milkand fruit such as bananas and berries. They also make a great power breakfast in the morning. Get some silly straws to make them even more fun.
- Frozen fruit ( e.g oranges, bananas,
- Cheese slices or cheese sticks either on their own or with
- Homemade frozen
yoghurticy-poles. Blend natural yogurt and fruit, pour mixture into icy-pole moulds, freeze and enjoy. A great alternative to ice cream on those hot days.
- Carrot, zucchini or celery sticks combined with healthy dips such as mashed avocado or
hommus(for very young kids, soften the vegetables)
TIP: Keep a bowl of fresh fruits and vegetables that are clean and ready to eat on the kitchen table or at the front and
|Written by: Sandra Di Giacomo|