- Our Top 7 Tips on how to Stop Osteoporosis - October 26, 2023
- Exactly How Does your Gut Health Affect your Fertility? - July 17, 2023
- A Pain in the Butt? Inflammatory Bowel Disease 101 - July 6, 2023
Did you know that exposure to many products we consume and come into contact with daily cause fertility and health issues? As our lives become more convenient and
Chemicals and Your Fertility
Chemicals come in many forms in your environment, here are the top 7;
- Common household cleaning products
- Air fresheners
- Laundry detergent
- Plastic containers and water bottles all of these containing bisphenol (BPA).
- Foods we ingest covered in sprays
- Beauty products that contain parabens
- Tap water we ingest containing many
BPA can be measured in urine, amniotic fluid, follicular fluid, placental tissue, umbilical cord blood, and semen. BPA is an organic synthetic product that is added to many commercial products at manufacture. A study by Al-Hiyasat et al (2002), found men that had ingested BPA showed a significant reduction in sperm count and production.
A study by Cobellis et al (2009) showed BPA had an
Many cleaning products we use in the home, plastic take away containers, cling wrap, aluminum foil,
Personal care and cosmetics
Did you know? That many shampoos, conditioner, hair
Did you know that around 1% of estrogens
What can I do to reduce my exposure?
- Always wash your fruit and vegetables
- Drink filtered water rather than tap
- Try to avoid processed or packaged foods as the containers are coated with EDC’s
- When purchasing oily fish know where the fish has been caught, and if chemicals have been used for storage
- Avoid plastic water bottles opt for glass
- Don’t put hot food into plastic containers or heat food in plastic or cover food with cling wrap while heating, opt for glass or china
- Try not to come into contact with sale receipts, discard them asap
- Keep the house well ventilated with fresh air, if you can smell an
odourthen itsbeing ingested
- Choose ‘green’ options for household
detergents,and household cleaners
- When working in the garden avoid pesticides and if possible opt for ‘greener’ gardening products
- With personal care, choose products that are
If you need more
FERTILITY MADE EASY – ONLINE PROGRAM
Here at Studio You, we’ve designed a Fertility program to assist as many couples as possible on their path to having a baby. We want to make our best resources available to everyone, no matter where you live! You will receive over 21 resources in total which will be conveniently delivered to your inbox every 2 days.
- Discover the top 10 conception myths
- The 9 most important tips to promote fertility
- 5 ways to tell if you are ovulating
- Male fertility Superfoods
- Female fertility Superfoods
Step by step you will improve your fertility and be assured that you are on track!
Cobellis, L., Colacurci, N., Trabucco, E., Carpentiero, C (2009).
Hunt, P, A., Hassold, T, J (2008). Human
The household chemicals affecting your fertility. Sited 27th May 2018. https://pursuit.unimelb.edu.au/articles/the-household-chemicals-affecting-your-fertility