I am passionate about helping women get their Mojo back and supporting kids to thrive and grow into strong adults.
Latest posts by Emma Sutherland (see all)
- GREAT AND AFFORDABLE ACTIVITIES YOU CAN DO IN THE SUMMER - April 9, 2019
- A Test You Need to Know About for Hormonal Health - March 30, 2019
- Research shows Chemicals can cause Early Menopause - March 22, 2019
It’s that time of year again! The temperature is rising, the free dates in your calendar are a thing of the past, and there is a distinct sound of Christmas carols in the air. The festive season is a season overflowing with Christmas parties, celebratory lunches, Christmas day food-comas and New Years day hangovers. It can feel like a never-ending stream of champagne, carbohydrates and high sugar desserts. However, with the right plan in place, you don’t have to compromise on your health this season.
Don’t let your exercise slip
Maintaining your exercise regime during the silly season will not only help to burn excess fat, but will also assist in regulating your blood glucose levels and encouraging muscle growth. Maintaining a healthy muscle mass is important as it helps you to burn fats.
Defend against cravings
Eating sugary foods feeds the desire for more sugary foods, due to the spike and drop in energy that simple carbohydrates induce. Overtime, insulin resistance can also occur. Luckily, there are a number of natural tools to help curb cravings and promote effective glucose metabolism. Cinnamon is heralded for its ability to improve the cell’s response to glucose, while chromium can reduce cravings for carbohydrates. Your naturopath can recommend the most suitable combination of herbs and nutrients to help reduce your cravings and improve your energy metabolism.
- Don’t start off on an empty stomach. How can you expect to resist those arancini balls when your stomach has taken over your ability for rational thought. Drink plenty of water and snack on complex carbohydrates, good fats, and protein before you leave.
- Load up your plate with anything green!
- Stick to clean spirits and avoid sweet mixers. Steer clear of wines and beers as they are loaded with sugar.
- Avoid a nasty hangover by drinking a glass of mineral water for every alcoholic beverage, and sip slowly.
Don’t deprive yourself
Allow yourself the occasional treat, the festive season is meant to be enjoyed after all.
Regain your Mojo in 2018 – Join Studio You Cleanse!
Cleansing is your body’s single most important way of eliminating and neutralizing toxins. Our 4 week Studio you Cleanse kicks off on 1st February 2018 and is the perfect way to detox from festive celebrations and give your body a healthy start to the new year.Learn More