- Five Herbs for Stressed and Busy Mums - April 30, 2021
- Top 10 Tips For a Better Nights Sleep - April 9, 2021
- Your diet before conception affects your child’s DNA - January 28, 2021
Kinderlings Kids Radio is family-friendly kids radio for children and their grown-ups and I was delighted to be invited on their show with Shevonne Hunt to discuss what healthy food staples every family needs in their pantry?
Listen to the episode below and subscribe to Kinderling Radio here >>
Here are the staples foods I always have on hand; ready to cook and eat!
- Chia seeds – Fuel our good bacteria and full of protein.
- Natural, unsalted nuts – Walnuts are high in omega 3 and brazil nuts have mineral selenium for the thyroid.
- Canned lentils and legumes – Choose cheap, organic, ready-to-go cans for that extra protein and fibre.
- Organic eggs – Good for a quick hit of protein and energy.
- Natural yoghurt – Another good hit of protein.
- Squeezed lemon juice – So you have lemon for hot water or tea ready to go!
- Homemade icy poles – Filled with yogurt, juice and/or mango.
- Frozen berries – Packed full of antioxidants with great fibre levels.