- 9 Ways to Balance Your Hormones Naturally – Part 3 - January 12, 2021
- 9 Ways to Balance Your Hormones Naturally – Part 2 - January 3, 2021
- 9 Ways to Balance Your Hormones Naturally – Part 1 - December 12, 2020
Hey men, have you ever thought about the term “you are what you eat”? Well this term is also true for
Many dietary factors affect sperm quality and cause DNA damage – some of these are a poor diet, smoking, drinking
One good thing for you guys, sperm is continuously being produced every 3 months, so it’s possible to increase the quality of your sperm. By increasing your intake of antioxidants, selenium, zinc
What is decreased sperm quality?
Nutrients such as zinc, B vitamin, folate, creatine, selenium
Top 5 tips for looking after your sperm:
- Consume foods dense in macronutrients and antioxidants to prevent DNA sperm damage, such as turmeric, blueberries, prunes, kale and spinach to name a few.
- Increase foods with vitamin C to increase sperm count and quality. Vitamin C reduces the quantity of sperm sticking together, and not being able to
fertilisean egg. Vitamin C can be found in citrus fruits, kiwi fruit, mango, papaya, pineapple, strawberries andwatermelon.
- Consuming foods high in antioxidants, which include vitamin C and E, zinc and selenium, helps to increase sperm motility. Our top 3
antioxidant richfoods are goji berries, wild berries and dark chocolate (in moderation).
- Love your nuts? Just 5 brazil nuts a day can help increase male fertility due to their selenium content
- Consume foods high in zinc to aid the repair of DNA damage, and improve sperm function and physiology. Good sources of zinc include in lean meats, oysters, liver, seeds, nuts, and whole grains
Take care of your sperm by avoiding:
- Alcohol to a minimum – no more than 3 units per day. According to a study from Vignera, S, L et al (2013), more than 3 units of alcohol has an adverse
affecton sperm parameters and testicular morphology.
- Restrictive underwear – is tight around the testis and holds them
closerto the body causing over-heating, and sperm damage.
- Avoid using laptop computers on your lap as this heats up the testicles, damaging sperm.
- Cut out all refined sugars, as these produce reactive oxidative species (ROS), that cause damage to your sperm.
a healthybody weight and perform regular physical exercise
Fertility Made Easy – Online Program
Here at Studio You, we’ve designed a Fertility program to assist as many couples as possible on their path to having a baby. We want to make our best resources available to everyone, no matter where you live! You will receive over 21 resources in total which will be conveniently delivered to your inbox every 2 days.
- Discover the top 10 conception myths
- The 9 most important tips to promote fertility
- 5 ways to tell if you are ovulating
- Male fertility Superfoods
- Female fertility Superfoods
Step by step you will improve your fertility and be assured that you are on track!
Eskenazi, B., Kidd, S, A., Marks, A
Vignera, S, L., Condorelli, R, A., Balercia, G., Vicari, E., Calogero, A, E. (2013). Does alcohol have any effect on male reproductive function? A review of
Vujkovic, M., de Vries, J, H., Dohle, G, R., Bonsel, G, J.,